How does the sliding fee scale work?
If one or more of these circumstances describe you, you may qualify for a reduced fee:
- Full or Part-time Student.
- New professional in the field of mental health, or in another professional helping role.
- Newly independent from your family.
- New to complete financial independence from your family.
- Working in a low-income field, such as non-profits, retail, customer service, creative arts, etc.
How low do you go?
- If you are seeking weekly therapy, as low as $100 per 45 minute session.
- For less frequent therapy (every other week, monthly, as needed, etc.), as low as $130 per session.
Other requirements and areas for discussion with your therapist:
- There is no sliding scale for your initial intake session(s).
- Sliding scale does not apply to late cancellations and no shows.
- Pay with Venmo, CashApp, PayPal, Cash, or Check.
- If paying with a credit or debit card, a fee of $5.50 per transaction will be added.
- You understand that this arrangement is your therapist’s way of giving back to the community. It is intended for those with true financial need. You agree to be honest about your income and we share the goal of you eventually “graduating” from the sliding scale, so that the therapist can help another person in need.
- Abusing the sliding scale will result in its immediate revocation.