Group Therapy – Now Accepting New Members
1. Process Oriented Training Group for Therapists
- Start Date: April 2023
- Day: Every Tuesday for 1.25 hours
- Exact time TBD – most likely 10-11:15 (final determination based on members’ availability)
- Cost: $60 per session
- Location: Mostly virtual – we’ll meet in-person periodically, depending on members’ availability
- Group Size – 5 to 8
- Open to anyone who has completed graduate school in a mental health field and can make occasional trips to Austin.
- This group will combine training, case consultation, professional development, and peer support, influenced by the principles of Modern Analytic Psychotherapy.
- Here’s a great article that reflects the spirit of the training group I aim to create: Process-Centered Group Supervision by Cassandra Bransford.
Please contact me if you are interested in joining. A free phone screening followed by 1-3 individual consultation sessions are required before joining this ongoing consultation/training/supervision group.
2. Group Therapy for LGBTQ Adults ages 25-40.
You’re invited to join an ongoing process group for LGBTQ adults – established February 2022.
- Day: Every Wednesday (except holidays)
- Time: 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Cost: $50 per session
- Location: Sessions are held in my office at 5555 N. Lamar Blvd.
- We will keep the option to meet virtually as needed.
- For people between the ages of 25 and 40.
- For anyone who identifies as LGBTQ.
- Requirements before joining: A phone screening followed by three individual therapy sessions.
- Please see the Group Agreements for further therapeutic details.
For general information about group therapy, check out The American Group Psychotherapy Society’s webpage: What is Group Psychotherapy?